HIGH-ENERGY UV LIGHT REACTS WITH THE HAIR IN TWO MAIN WAYS
• UVA, UVB and visible radiation break down the natural pigment in hair, melanin. This is also called “photobleaching”. The melanin, like in the skin acts as a natural UV protection filter for the hair, but gets damaged itself in the process. This color breakdown also occurs in colored hair leading to visible color decrease.
• UV radiation reacts with metal residues on the hair leading to the formation of free radicals that damage the hair protein structure. This leads to a weakening of the hair and a change in its surface shield, the cuticle.
EFFECTS OF SUMMER LIGHT ON HAIR
Post sun exposure
After sunbathing, residues of sunscreen, salt and chlorinated water should be removed from the hair and skin. This helps reconstruct and restore the hair’s moisture balance.
Visible signs of a lack of sun or water protection:
• Color fading and shifting
• Dry hair feel brittle and damaged lengths
• Tense and irritated scalp
• Hair looking lack-lustre
Who is the target group for the Solaris line?
• Male and female clients before and after vacation
• During summer months with higher sun exposure
• Clients with an active lifestyle and outdoor activities
• Swimmers with contact to salt or chlorine water
• Fast care for hair and body at the gym
• Clients with colored hair for extra UV –protection
• Men with thinning hair and higher UV exposure